Available Dates and Locations
- Course Evaluation
How did it go?
- Next Steps
Analyzing PI System Data - Australia
This course concentrates on viewing PI System data by combining data and creating reports allowing analysis of the data through Business Intelligence (BI) tools.
The Analyzing PI System Data course is focused on analyzing PI System data through Business Intelligence (BI) and reporting tools. The class will cover aspects of the following tools: The new RTQP Engine (PI SQL Client), PI Integrator for Business Analytics, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Power BI, and SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) Report Builder. If you feel like writing business reports is too difficult, this may be the course for you. We will build upon your existing application knowledge with hands-on activities to help you transform data into information.
The class is 3 days long. Class will begin promptly at 9am and is scheduled to end at 4:30pm with a one-hour lunch break. When making travel arrangement for the class, please plan to remain on site to the completion of the final exercise. This should be no later than 4:30 on the last day of the class.
Note: OSIsoft Learning Group is preparing documentation to obtain IACET accreditation to offer Continuing Education Units (CEUs). Upon successful completion of IACET assessment, the course description will be updated with CEUs instead of classroom instruction hours.
- Perth: OSIsoft, Level 7, 99 Saint George's Terrace, Perth, 6000
- Sydney: Saxons Training Facilities Sydney, Level 10, 10 Barrack St, Sydney, 2000
- Melbourne: Saxons Training Facilities Melbourne, Level 8, 500 Collins St, Melbourne, 3000
- Brisbane: Saxons Training Facilities Brisbane, Level 11, 300 Adelaide Street, Brisbane, 4000
This class is charged in AUD. Purchase can be made via Credit Card or by uploading a Purchase order when checking out. Purchase orders must be addressed to the entity below:
OSIsoft Australia Pty Ltd.
99 St Georges Tce
Perth, WA 6000
ABN: 37 107 021 090
This class is intended for power users, application developers, and administrators who already have experience working with PI AF. You will have a difficult time with this class if you come into it with zero PI System Experience as it assumes an intermediate level of experience with PI System Explorer, PI AF Server, and PI Analysis Service.
The course is devoted to analyzing your business data. Related data is everywhere throughout the various systems we employ to monitor our business and can require convoluted steps to combine the data into a single report. The goal of this course is to work with the tools available from Microsoft and OSIsoft to bring disparate data together in one report.
- Understand how leverage the power of AF Templates to help build a BI Cube
- Review Event Frames and how to query them for the PI Integrator for Business Analytics and PI SQL Client
- Combining Production Data with External Data using Business Intelligence tools
- Slicing and Dicing Data for Understanding
On completion of a practical exercise at the end of this course, attendees are awarded a certificate.