This will be the section title for anything live - virtual or in person, be it class/workshop/etc.
Select the location/date for instructor-led training to your convenience.
Available Dates and Locations
Section name for getting feedback on the course - every course should have this section.
How did it go?
Analyzing PI System Data - Singapore
This course concentrates on viewing PI System data by combining data and creating reports allowing analysis of the data through Business Intelligence (BI) tools.
The Analyzing PI System Data course is focused on analyzing PI System data through Business Intelligence (BI) and reporting tools. The class will cover aspects of the following tools: The new RTQP Engine (PI SQL Client), PI Integrator for Business Analytics, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Power BI, and SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) Report Builder. If you feel like writing business reports is too difficult, this may be the course for you. We will build upon your existing application knowledge with hands-on activities to help you transform data into information.
The class is 3 days long. Class will begin promptly at 9:00 and is scheduled to end at 4:30pm with a one-hour lunch break. When making travel arrangement for the class, please plan to remain on site to the completion of the final exercise. This should be no later than 4:30 on the last day of the class.
Note: OSIsoft Learning Group is preparing documentation to obtain IACET accreditation to offer Continuing Education Units (CEUs). Upon successful completion of IACET assessment, the course description will be updated with CEUs instead of classroom instruction hours.
Virtual Live Classroom Prerequisites
If you have selected a session with the Virtual Live Classroom location you must provide your own equipment. You can take the class from any location, but please keep note of the required live meeting attendance times below. The requirements below are strict, and you will be asked to test them before the class begins:
- A modern computer or laptop
- An additional external screen or tablet
- A fast and stable internet connection capable of streaming and uploading video for the duration of the class. We recommend a speed of at least 10 Mbps download and 4 Mbps upload
- A headset and microphone
- A modern web browser. To test, click here.
- The ability to join a WebEx session. To test, click here.
- The ability to attend the live classroom session for the hours of 9:00 am until 5:00 pm UTC+8 on each day of the course.
- Singapore classes: Menonnetwork, 152 Beach Road, Level 28, Gateway East, Singapore, 189721
- Virtual Live Classroom classes: WebEx Training Center. Your instructor will send you a meeting link after registering.
This class is intended for power users, application developers, and administrators who already have experience working with PI AF. You will have a difficult time with this class if you come into it with zero PI System Experience as it assumes an intermediate level of experience with PI System Explorer, PI AF Server, and PI Analysis Service.
The course is devoted to analyzing your business data. Related data is everywhere throughout the various systems we employ to monitor our business and can require convoluted steps to combine the data into a single report. The goal of this course is to work with the tools available from Microsoft and OSIsoft to bring disparate data together in one report.
- Understand how leverage the power of AF Templates to help build a BI Cube
- Review Event Frames and how to query them for the PI Integrator for Business Analytics and PI SQL Client
- Combining Production Data with External Data using Business Intelligence tools
- Slicing and Dicing Data for Understanding