In this course, we will guide you on how to create a variety of PI ProcessBook displays, such as trends and bar graphs, to monitor your process. Additionally, this course leverages the power of the intuitive PI AF asset structures to enable you to display attributes of an asset, search in AF, and build element relative displays.
By the end of the course, you will be able to:
- Understand the PI System Basics
- Build basic PI ProcessBook displays
- Build reusable displays using AF structure
- Create linked displays
- Organize displays into workbooks
- Configure XY plots
- Visualize client-side calculations
- Build SQC charts
Audience: This course is for beginning users of PI System data, and is open to anyone who wishes to learn more about PI ProcessBook. If you're a process engineer or a plant operator and are interested in learning about the key features of PI ProcessBook, how to visualize process data, and create meaningful displays that your end users could use - then this course will be useful for you.
Level: Introductory - Intermediate
Time: Study 2-4 hours/week, for 3 weeks
Prerequisites: No specific knowledge of the PI System software is required.
- 259 USD: By signing up for this course you will have access to:
- OSIsoft Engineers who can review your final project
- Sharable certificate of completion that can be directly posted on LinkedIn (*To obtain the certificate of completion, you need to pass the final project.)
You can also audit the video lecture content on the OSIsoft Learning YouTube Channel. This does not include the exercises, supplementary readings, graded final project or certificate of completion.
Learners are encouraged to use their own software and data structures whenever possible. This allows each learner to immediately leave the course with something valuable to their enterprise. In order to complete the exercises and the final project, you need to have the following software installed:
- PI ProcessBook 2014 or later (connected to PI Data Archive and Asset Framework)
If you do not have access to your own PI System, subscribe to the optional Training Cloud Environment:
Grading and Certification of Completion: Once you register for this course, you must select one of the final submission review periods below. During this period, our course facilitators will be available to review and grade your project. If you don't receive a passing grade in the first submission, you can re-submit your work again during the 1 week review period.