This course will provide you with a working knowledge of the tasks required to configure and maintain a simple PI System, focusing primarily on PI points (also known as PI tags), interfaces and buffering. During this self-paced course, you will gain exposure on data flow through a simple PI System, connection mechanisms to PI Data Archive, and interface startup process. This course is designed to provide you with lots of hands-on activities that involve working with various PI System Management utilities, such as PI System Management Tools and PI Interface Configuration Utility.
By the end of the course, you will be able to:
- Describe the data flow in a simple PI System
- Identify the directory structure of the PI folder
- Find and view PI Point data using PI System Management Tools (SMT)
- Change the location of archive and queue files
- Describe PI System backup methodology and configure a local backup of the PI System
- Install and configure PI Interface for OPC DA (Read-Only)
- Create PI Points using PI SMT, PI Builder, and AF
- Configure and test PI Buffering Subsystem
Audience: This course is best suited for a PI System administrator who is responsible for setting up and maintaining the PI System. It is designed to help perform administrative tasks as well as introduce the tools available for common management tasks and troubleshooting.
Time: 16 hours
- Basic directory navigation and management (Windows Explorer, creating and finding files)
- Basic Windows and Network security (why you log in, what is a domain, etc.)
- Familiarity with your real-time data sources (control systems, PLCs, OPC)
- 259 USD: By signing up for this course you will have access to:
- OSIsoft Engineers who can review your final project
- Cloud Environment
- Sharable certificate of completion that can be directly posted on LinkedIn (*To obtain the certificate of completion, you need to pass the final project.)
You can also audit the video lecture content on the OSIsoft Learning YouTube Channel. This does not include the exercises, supplementary readings, graded final project or certificate of completion.
Once you register for this course, you will receive access to the learning cloud environment where you can practice the skills taught in this class. The environment will include the following software:
- Access to Active Directory
- PI Data Archive (3.4.380 or later) with PI System Management Tool (PI SMT)
- PI AF Server 2016 or later with PI System Explorer
- An interface using PI API and PI Buffer Subsystem 2016 or later
- Permissions to create and update PI Points
- Optional: PI Builder
Grading and Certification of Completion:
Once you register for this course, you must select one of the final submission review periods below. During this period, our course facilitators will be available to review and grade your project. If you don't receive a passing grade in the first submission, you can re-submit your work again during the 1 week review period.