In this course, you will learn how to create different types of asset analytics to gain more insight into your data. Using Asset Framework (AF), we will explore a range of analyses including expressions with multi-line calculations, roll-ups for aggregate attributes, event frames to capture important events in your process, and notifications to trigger alerts based on the real-time changes in your asset.
By the end of the course, you will be able to:
- Use analysis syntax to create simple analyses
- Create different types of analyses: expressions, rollups and event frames
- Set up analyses using templates in AF
- Manage, backfill and recalculate analyses
- Visualize event frames using PI Vision and PI DataLink
- Configure and customize notification templates
- Set up dynamic notification subscribers
Audience: This course is best suited for PI System users who are already familiar with the basics of Asset Framework and who are interested in creating asst based analytics.
Time: Study 4-5 hours/week, for 3 weeks
This course is for intermediate to advanced users of Asset Framework (AF) who are already familiar with the basics of AF such as:
- working with PI System Explorer (PSE)
- building and managing asset hierarchies in AF using templates
- working with different data reference types: table lookup, formula, PI Point, etc.
Students without prior knowledge of AF should take the Building Asset Hierarchies with PI AF online course first.
Additionally, familiarity with PI Clients tools is expected. Students enrolled in this course should be able to:
- Create a basic report using PI Data Link
- Create asset-based displays in PI Vision
Students without prior knowledge of PI client tools should review the following online courses or public course workbook:
- 259 USD: By signing up for this course you will have access to:
- OSIsoft Engineers who can review your final project
- Sharable certificate of completion that can be directly posted on LinkedIn (*To obtain the certificate of completion, you need to pass the final project.)
You can also audit the video lecture content on the OSIsoft Learning YouTube Channel. This does not include the exercises, supplementary readings, graded final project or certificate of completion.
Students are encouraged to use their own software and data structures. This allows each student to leave the course with something valuable to their enterprise. The software requirements for completing the exercises and the final project are as follows:
- Access to Asset Framework 2016 or later (PI AF Server and PI AF Client) with PI Analysis Service set up (port 5463 needs to be open)
- Note: Asset Framework 2017 R2 or later is required to practice the following sections:
- Output analyses on event frames
- Dynamic endpoints for Notification subscribers
- Access to new AF databases with read/write permissions (i.e. permissions to modify and create templates, attributes, analyses and notifications)
- Access to the PI Data Archive with read/write permissions to create tags. Because analyses output tags are created in this course, access to a development or sandbox PI Data Archive server is encouraged.
- Access to PI Client tools, such as PI Data Link 2013 or later and PI Vision 2016 or later (previously known as PI Coresight)
If you do not have access to your own PI System, subscribe to the optional Training Cloud Environment:
Grading and Certification of Completion: Once you register for this course, you must select one of the final submission review periods below. During this period, our course facilitators will be available to review and grade your project. If you don't receive a passing grade in the first submission, you can re-submit your work again during the 1 week review period.