February 26, 2018 - March 16, 2018
45 seats left
This course will provide you with a working knowledge of the tasks required to configure and maintain a simple PI System, focusing primarily on PI tags (also known as PI Points), interfaces and buffering. During this self-paced course, you will gain exposure on data flow through a simple PI System, connection mechanisms to PI Data Archive, and interface startup process, all of which would assist in troubleshooting.
This course is designed to provide you lots of hands-on activities that involve working with various PI System Management utilities, such as PI System Management Tools and PI Interface Configuration Utility.
If you are responsible for or interested in maintaining a PI System, this course is for you. This course will prepare you for performing common PI System administrative tasks. With hands-on approach, the course presents you the tools available to perform these tasks.
- Basic directory navigation and management (Windows Explorer, creating and finding files)
- Basic Windows and Network security (why you log in, what is a domain, etc.)
- Familiarity with your real time data sources (control systems, PLCs, OPC)
Note: Learners are encouraged to use their own PI System development environment. This allows each learner to leave the course with something immediately valuable in their enterprise. We do not recommend practicing configuration and security in a production environment. The software requirements for completing the exercises and the final project are as follows:
- Access to Active Directory
- Access to the following Install Kits: PI Interface Configuration Utility & PI Interface for OPC DA
- Access to PI System Management Tool, PI System Explorer & PI Builder
- Access to PI Data Archive
- Permissions to create & update PI Tags
Don't have access to a PI System sandbox?
This online course can be purchased together with the Virtual Learning Environment (VLE), an isolated and safe PI system sandbox, designed to enhance your learning experience. You will receive access for 21 days since the purchase.
Add the Course Virtual Learning Environment (Optional - Includes Additional Cost)
GST/VAT/Tax: (USD) $0.00
Sub Total: (USD) $259.00