May 06, 2019 - May 24, 2019
54 seats left
This course will provide you with a working knowledge of the tasks required to configure and maintain a simple PI System, focusing primarily on PI points (also known as PI tags), interfaces and buffering. During this self-paced course, you will gain exposure on data flow through a simple PI System, connection mechanisms to PI Data Archive, and interface startup process. This course is designed to provide you lots of hands-on activities that involve working with various PI System Management utilities, such as PI System Management Tools and PI Interface Configuration Utility.
By the end of the course, you will be able to:
- Describe the data flow in a simple PI System
- Identify the directory structure of the PI folder
- Find and view PI Point data using PI System Management Tools (SMT)
- Change the location of archive and queue files
- Describe PI System backup methodology and configure a local backup of the PI System
- Install and configure PI Interface for OPC DA (Read-Only)
- Create PI Points using PI SMT, PI Builder, and AF
- Configure and test PI Buffering Subsystem
This course is best suited for a PI System administrator who is responsible for setting up and maintaining the PI System. It is designed to help perform administrative tasks as well as introduce the tools available for common management tasks and troubleshooting.
- Basic directory navigation and management (Windows Explorer, creating and finding files)
- Basic Windows and Network security (why you log in, what is a domain, etc.)
- Familiarity with your real time data sources (control systems, PLCs, OPC)
Note: Learners are encouraged to use their own PI System development environment. This allows each learner to leave the course with something immediately valuable in their enterprise. We do not recommend practicing configuration and security in a production environment. The software requirements for completing the exercises and the final project are as follows:
- Access to Active Directory
- PI Data Archive (3.4.380 or later) with PI System Management Tool (PI SMT)
- PI AF Server 2016 or later with PI System Explorer
- An interface using PI API and PI Buffer Subsystem 2016 or later
- Permissions to create and update PI Points
- Optional: PI Builder
Don't have access to a PI System sandbox?
This online course can be purchased together with the Cloud Environment, an isolated and safe PI system sandbox, designed to enhance your learning experience. You will have access to the Cloud Environment for 21 days since the initial launch.
Add the Course Cloud Environment (Optional - Includes Additional Cost)
GST/VAT/Tax: (USD) $0.00
Sub Total: (USD) $259.00