May 27, 2019 - June 14, 2019
38 seats left
In this online course, you will explore the power of Asset Framework (AF) by configuring various types of Asset Analytics and Notifications. We will guide you on how to set up expressions for multi-line analysis, configure rollups to aggregate attributes and use Event Frames and Notifications to automatically detect and alert process events associated with assets.
Through hands-on exercises and final project, you will learn how to set up analyses using AF templates in order to deploy the analyses across the assets, to create tags in AF to store calculation results and also to backfill the analyses. Once the analyses are set up, you will be able to leverage the PI client tools such as PI DataLink and PI Vision to help visualize and understand the analyses.
By the end of the course, you will be able to:
- Use analysis syntax to create simple analyses
- Create different types of analyses: expressions, rollups and event frames
- Set up analyses using templates in AF
- Manage, backfill and recalculate analyses
- Visualize event frames using PI Vision and PI DataLink
- Configure and customize notification templates
- Set up dynamic notification subscribers
This course is best suited for an individual who is responsible for setting up and maintaining analytics using asset structures available in the AF Server.
This course is for intermediate to advanced users of Asset Framework (AF) who are already familiar with the basics of AF such as:
Students without prior knowledge of AF should take the Building Asset Hierarchies with PI AF online course first.
- working with PI System Explorer (PSE)
- building and managing asset hierarchies in AF using templates
- working with different data reference types: table lookup, formula, PI Point, etc.
Additionally, familiarity with PI Clients tools is expected. Students enrolled in this course should be able to:
Students without prior knowledge of PI client tools should review the following online courses or public course workbook:
- Create a basic report using PI Data Link
- Create asset-based displays in PI Vision
Note: Learners are encouraged to use their own software and their own data structures. This allows each learner to leave the course with something immediately valuable in their enterprise. The software requirements for completing the exercises and the final project are as follows:
- Access to Asset Framework 2016 or later (PI AF Server and PI AF Client) with PI Analysis Service set up (port 5463 needs to be open)
- Note: Asset Framework 2017 R2 or later is required to practice the following sections:
- Output analyses on event frames
- Dynamic endpoints for Notification subscribers
- Access to new AF databases with read/write permissions (i.e. permissions to modify and create templates, attributes, analyses and notifications)
- Access to the PI Data Archive with read/write permissions to create tags. Because analyses output tags are created in this course, access to a development or sandbox PI Data Archive server is encouraged.
- Access to PI Client tools, such as PI Data Link 2013 or later and PI Vision 2016 or later (previously known as PI Coresight)
Don't have access to your own PI System?
This online course can be purchased together with the Cloud Environment, an isolated and safe PI system sandbox, designed to enhance your learning experience. You will have access to the Cloud Environment for 21 days since the initial launch.
Add the Course Cloud Environment (Optional - Includes Additional Cost)
GST/VAT/Tax: (USD) $0.00
Sub Total: (USD) $159.00