In this course, you will learn how to use this tool to access your process data, create meaningful reports, and use them to make key decisions about your plant performance. PI DataLink is our add-in that allows users to access and deliver data to and from Microsoft Excel and create easy-to-read reports.
By the end of the course, you will be able to:
- Understand the PI System Basics
- Search for PI Tags and AF Attributes in PI DataLink
- Identify which PI DataLink function to use for your report
- Get current and historical PI data in PI DataLink
- Build reports with key KPIs
- Interpolate data with custom intervals
- Use calculated data
- Build reusable daily report
Audience: This course is for beginning users of PI System data, and is open to anyone who wishes to learn more about PI DataLink. if you're a process engineer or a plant operator and are interested in learning about the key features of PI DataLink, how to process data, and create meaningful reports that your end users could use - then this course will be useful for you.
Time: Study 2-4 hours/week, for 3 weeks
Prerequisites: Familiarity with MS Excel is helpful. No specific knowledge of the PI System software is required.
- 259 USD: By signing up for this course you will have access to:
- OSIsoft Engineers who can review your final project
- Sharable certificate of completion that can be directly posted on LinkedIn (*To obtain the certificate of completion, you need to pass the final project.)
You can also audit the video lecture content on the OSIsoft Learning YouTube Channel. This does not include the exercises, supplementary readings, graded final project or certificate of completion.
Learners are encouraged to use their own software and data structures whenever possible. This allows each learner to immediately leave the course with something valuable to their enterprise. In order to complete the exercises and the final project, you need to have the following software installed:
- PI DataLink 2013 or later (connected to PI Data Archive and Asset Framework)
If you do not have access to your own PI System, subscribe to the optional Training Cloud Environment:
Grading and Certification of Completion: Once you register for this course, you must select one of the final submission review periods below. During this period, our course facilitators will be available to review and grade your project. If you don't receive a passing grade in the first submission, you can re-submit your work again during the 1 week review period.