Discover how easy it is to develop powerful AF SDK based applications in this online course. This is a unique opportunity to learn the basics of the programmatic access to the PI System using AF SDK.
By the end of the course, you will be able to:
- Access and explore AF hierarchy to retrieve an asset’s current and historical data
- Search for and display notifications
- Consume real-time streaming events via a data pipe
- Write a custom data reference
- Choose the right approach to implement a custom data reference that suits your development scenario
Audience: This course is primarily suited for developers who have a basic understanding of the PI System, including Asset Framework (AF), Asset Analytics and Notifications.
Time: 12 hours/week, for 3 weeks
- This course requires a basic grasp of programming and Visual Studio.
- 259 USD: By signing up for this course you will have access to:
- OSIsoft Engineers who can review your final project
- Sharable certificate of completion that can be directly posted on LinkedIn (*To obtain the certificate of completion, you need to pass the final project.)
You can also audit the video lecture content on the OSIsoft Learning YouTube Channel. This does not include the exercises, supplementary readings, graded final project or certificate of completion.
There is no Training Cloud Environment available for this course. In order to follow along with the videos and complete the exercises, learners will need:
- Microsoft Visual Studio (2013 or later)
- .NET Framework 4.5.2 or later
- PI System (running and collecting data with write access)
- PI Data Archive
- PI AF Server (2016 R2 or later for Notifications)
Grading and Certification of Completion:
Once you register for this course, you must select one of the final submission review periods below. During this period, our course facilitators will be available to review and grade your project. If you don't receive a passing grade in the first submission, you can re-submit your work again during the 1 week review period.