In this course, you will gain hands-on experience with a new OSIsoft software product, OSIsoft Cloud Services (OCS). OCS is a cloud-native platform built for historical, real-time and future/forecasted operational data. OCS complements existing on-premises PI systems and enables users to easily define, visualize, query and shape data sets required for data science.
By the end of the course, you will be able to...
- Use the features and functionalities in OCS
- Analyze & visualize data in OCS
- Add metadata & create Data Views in OCS
- Access OCS data in a Jupyter Notebook via Python
- Filter & prepare data from OCS for machine learning
- Use a machine learning model on a filtered OCS dataset
- Retrieve weather data from a Weather API into the trained machine learning model
- Send forecasted data back to OCS
This course is primarily suited for data scientists who are looking to extend operational data in their PI Systems for enterprise-wide machine learning applications.
Study time: 16 hours
Course Access: Unlimited access. The only exception is the Training Cloud Environment for which you have 30 day access. After those 30 days you can purchase additional access with one of the two options below:
- Basic understanding of PI Server components, including PI Data Archive and PI Asset Framework
- Basic understanding of Python, Jupyter Notebooks and machine learning
- A computer that can access our YouTube content, and pass our connection test
This Course Includes...
- Videos, discussion opportunities and quizzes to help you learn the material
- A sharable certificate of completion
- This course assumes basic knowledge and understanding of wind turbines and their corresponding power curves. A brief introduction of wind turbine operation and relevant aspects of their power curves will be presented, but for additional information, please refer to the References section at the end.
- This is a self-paced course. Any questions or assistance needed about the material can be asked in this course's space in the OSIsoft PI Square community
- When you complete the examination at the end of the course, you will receive a certificate of completion which can be shared and directly posted on LinkedIn.
- For more information about our Online Courses please visit our FAQ page
You can audit the full video lecture content right now on the OSIsoft Learning YouTube Channel
Download Course Workbook