- Getting Started
Key Course Information
Course Grading Scheme
How to Navigate This Course
Offline Course Videos for Blocked YouTube Users
- Training Cloud Environment
Cloud Environments Introduction
Cloud Environments Instructions
Launch Cloud Environment
- Video Demonstrations
Lesson 1 - Introduction (2:57)
Lesson 2 - Export Analytics Data and Analyze (16:29)
Lesson 3 - Build Error Checking into an Analytic (10:41)
Lesson 4 - Pre-calculate Variables used in Multiple Analytics (8:35)
Lesson 5 - Shift Calculations to PI Server (3:17)
Lesson 6 - Use Exit Function to Optimize Conditional Calculations (4:30)
Lesson 7 - Analysis of Performance Statistics Following Fixes (12:04)
- Final Exam
Optimizing Asset Analytics for Better Performance
NEW - The goal of the course is to teach users how to analyze the performance of their analytics to determine where best to spend time and effort for optimization.
This course is for advanced users of the PI System who have implemented Asset Analytics. The goal of the lab is to teach users how to analyze the performance of their analytics to determine where best to spend time and effort for optimization, and to give some common examples of ways to optimize analytics that we have encountered working with customers.
By the end of this Course you’ll be able to…
- Analyze the performance of individual analytics within an Asset Analytics implementation
- Determine which analytics are worth optimizing
- Understand some common reasons for poor analytics performance
- Implement improvements to resolve common performance problems
This course assumes a working knowledge of PI AF and Asset Analytics. It will be most valuable to users who have already implemented Asset Analytics in their PI System, although even users starting to build out their Asset Analytics implementation could use the content of the course.
During this course, we’ll be making the following assumptions:
- You are familiar with the PI System, in particular Asset Analytics
- You are a PI System Administrator or a Power User with the ability to create analytics
- You have a basic working knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- A computer that can access our YouTube content.
- Throughout this workbook, special tips and tricks are shown in grey boxes.
- The course is based on a modified version of the AF Example Kit for Wind Farms. The additional analytics are intentionally written to strain the Asset Analytics system and should not be interpreted as examples of well-written analytics!
- This is a self-paced course. Any questions or assistance needed about the material can be asked in this course's space in the OSIsoft PI Square community.
You can audit the full video lecture content right now on the OSIsoft Learning YouTube Channel
Download the manual for this course HERE.