Cloud Environments Instructions
The information below will help you use the Cloud Environments. You can also click here to watch a quick demo.
- The next section contains two tabs: My Subscriptions and My Sessions.
- The My Subscriptions tab contains all the environments you have access to.
- The My Sessions tab contains environments that are currently running.
- To launch your environment find the desired environment on the My Sessions tab and click on Launch.
- You will have to select your time zone because the environments are shutdown at 7 pm every night at your local time to conserve energy and resources.
- The deployment process will take several minutes.
- When the environments have completed their deployment you will receive a notification email with the login credentials and the date when they will be deleted.
- Additionally, the My Session page will also include the expiration or deletion date of your environments.
- You can also click on "Download Connection" on the My Session page to download a file that includes the password.
- After receiving the confirmation email, you can now login with username pischool\student01 and the password provided unless directed otherwise.
- You can login by clicking on "Connect via RDP" which downloads an rdp connection file.
- Or you can login by clicking on "Connect via Browser". This connection does not require a login as the URL already includes the credentials.
- If the environments get shutdown at night, you can start the environments anytime.
- At a minimum, you will have to start the environments at the start of the day before you login.
- Start your environments by clicking on "Start All".
- If you find yourself not being able to connect to your environments, they are most likely shutdown. Click on "Start all".
- You can find assistance on the PISquare community if you experience any connection issues.