- Getting Started
Key Course Information
Course Grading Scheme
How to Navigate This Course
Offline Course Videos for Blocked YouTube Users
- Training Cloud Environment
Cloud Environments Introduction
Cloud Environments Instructions
Launch Cloud Environment
- Lesson 1
Refresher on Datalink
Calculated Data Exercise Introduction
Calculated Data Exercise
Calculated Data Exercise Solution
- Lesson 2
Import Event Frame Data
Comparing Downtime Events Based on Tank (Creating a PivotTable and PivotChart)
Calculated Data Exercise
Comparing Downtime Events Based on Reason Code
- Lesson 3
Quantifying Data Calls with AFGetTrace
Analyzing Workbooks and Volatile Functions
Improve performance by reducing the number of background calls
Dynamic Array Functions and Sparklines
- Final Exam
- How did it go?
PI DataLink: Beyond the Basics
NEW - Learn how to combine the power of PI Datalink with Excel's advanced features such as sparklines, Pivot Tables, Pivot Charts, and dynamic arrays.
This course will help you understand best practices for creating reports and be able to prepare PI System data and event frames for root cause analysis.
Previously this course was named: PI DataLink with Excel’s Advanced Features.
By the end of the course, you will be able to...
- Create formulas from each group of PI DataLink functions
- Analyze data with Excel features such as PivotTables, PivotCharts, and Sparklines
- Troubleshoot a slow workbook using a variety of tools
- Learn about Excel's new dynamic array functions
This course is designed for people who are familiar with Excel and have already used PI DataLink.
Study time: 4 hours
Course Access: Unlimited access. The only exception is the Training Cloud Environment for which you have 30 day access. After those 30 days you can purchase additional access with one of the two options below:
- Basic knowledge of PI DataLink and MS Excel.
- A computer that can access our YouTube content.
This Course Includes...
- Videos, discussion opportunities and quizzes to help you learn the material
- A Cloud Environment accessible for 30 days and configured to complete all the exercises in the course
- A sharable certificate of completion
- The course is accompanied by an Azure-deployed virtual environment and a workbook, which allows you to walk through the contents in detail at your own pace.
- This is a self-paced course. Any questions or assistance needed about the material can be asked in this course's space in the OSIsoft PI Square community
- When you complete the examination at the end of the course, you will receive a certificate of completion which can be shared and directly posted on LinkedIn.
- For more information about our Online Courses please visit our FAQ page
You can audit the full video lecture content right now on the OSIsoft Learning YouTube Channel