The class is four days long. Class starts at 9:00 a.m. and ends at approximately 4:30 p.m. Lunch breaks are at noon each day and last 60 minutes. When making travel arrangement for the class, please plan to remain on site to the completion of the final exercise. This should be no later than 4:30 on the last day of the class. This class provides 26 classroom hours of instruction.
Note: OSIsoft Learning Group is preparing documentation to obtain IACET accreditation to offer Continuing Education Units (CEUs). Upon successful completion of IACET assessment, the course description will be updated with CEUs instead of classroom instruction hours.
Who Should Take This Class
I am the typical IT professional, with responsibilities to maintain the uptime of the PI System. I need to know what the application platforms are for the PI System servers. I need to know what the data pipes look like coming into and going out of the PI System. This includes protocols, ports, and mechanisms used. I need to know what tools are available to monitor the PI System health, and what tools and methods are normally used in troubleshooting. I need to know what are and how to perform routine maintenance tasks like backup and security.
The student should be familiar with the following:
- Basic Windows and Network security (why you log in, what is a domain, etc)
- Basic directory navigation and management (using Windows Explorer, creating and finding files)
- Some familiarity with your real time data sources (control systems, PLCs, OPC)
Virtual Live Classroom Prerequisites
If you have selected a session with the Virtual Live Classroom location you must provide your own equipment. You can take the class from any location, but please keep note of the required live meeting attendance times below. The requirements below are strict, and you will be asked to test them before the class begins:
- A computer or laptop
- An additional external screen or tablet
- A fast and stable internet connection capable of streaming and uploading video for the duration of the class. We recommend a speed of at least 10 Mbps download and 4 Mbps upload
- A headset and microphone
- A webcam
- A modern web browser. To test, click here.
- The ability to join a WebEx session. To test, click here.
- Availability between the hours of 08:00 and 13:00 AWST (UTC+8) on each day for live training portion of the course.
- At least two hours of time outside of scheduled class hours to complete exercises and projects. An instructor will be available to answer questions and assist from 07:00 and until 16:00 AWST (UTC+8).
- Perth: OSIsoft, Level 7, 99 Saint George's Terrace, Perth, 6000
- Sydney: Saxons Training Facilities Sydney, Level 10, 10 Barrack St, Sydney, 2000
- Melbourne: Saxons Training Facilities Melbourne, Level 8, 500 Collins St, Melbourne, 3000
- Brisbane: Saxons Training Facilities Brisbane, Level 11, 300 Adelaide Street, Brisbane, 4000
- Virtual Live Classroom: Take the class online over WebEx from the comfort of your own office or home
This class is charged in AUD. Purchase can be made via Credit Card or by uploading a Purchase order when checking out. Purchase orders must be addressed to the entity below:
OSIsoft Australia Pty Ltd.
99 St Georges Tce
Perth, WA 6000
ABN: 37 107 021 090