The class is four days long. Class starts at 9:00 a.m. and ends at approximately 4:30 p.m. Lunch breaks are at noon each day and last 60 minutes. When making travel arrangement for the class, please plan to remain on site to the completion of the final exercise. This should be no later than 4:30 on the last day of the class. This class provides 26 classroom hours of instruction.
Note: OSIsoft Learning Group is preparing documentation to obtain IACET accreditation to offer Continuing Education Units (CEUs). Upon successful completion of IACET assessment, the course description will be updated with CEUs instead of classroom instruction hours.
Who Should Take This Class
I am the typical IT professional, with responsibilities to maintain the uptime of the PI System. I need to know what the application platforms are for the PI System servers. I need to know what the data pipes look like coming into and going out of the PI System. This includes protocols, ports, and mechanisms used. I need to know what tools are available to monitor the PI System health, and what tools and methods are normally used in troubleshooting. I need to know what are and how to perform routine maintenance tasks like backup and security.
The student should be familiar with the following:
- Basic Windows and Network security (why you log in, what is a domain, etc)
- Basic directory navigation and management (using Windows Explorer, creating and finding files)
- Some familiarity with your real time data sources (control systems, PLCs, OPC)
New Zealand Locations
- Auckland: Auldhouse Computer Training, 338 Ponsonby Rd, Ponsonby, Auckland, 1011
- Wellington: Auldhouse Computer Training, Level 8, JacksonStone House, 11 Hunter Street, Wellington, Wellington, 6011