The class is four days long. Class starts at 9:00 a.m. and ends at approximately 4:30 p.m. Lunch breaks are at noon each day and last 60 minutes. When making travel arrangement for the class, please plan to remain on site to the completion of the final exercise. This should be no later than 4:30 on the last day of the class. This class provides 26 classroom hours of instruction.
Note: OSIsoft Learning Group is preparing documentation to obtain IACET accreditation to offer Continuing Education Units (CEUs). Upon successful completion of IACET assessment, the course description will be updated with CEUs instead of classroom instruction hours.
Who Should Take This Class
I am the typical IT professional, with responsibilities to maintain the uptime of the PI System. I need to know what the application platforms are for the PI System servers. I need to know what the data pipes look like coming into and going out of the PI System. This includes protocols, ports, and mechanisms used. I need to know what tools are available to monitor the PI System health, and what tools and methods are normally used in troubleshooting. I need to know what are and how to perform routine maintenance tasks like backup and security.
The student should be familiar with the following:
- Basic Windows and Network security (why you log in, what is a domain, etc)
- Basic directory navigation and management (using Windows Explorer, creating and finding files)
- Some familiarity with your real time data sources (control systems, PLCs, OPC)
Virtual Live Classroom Prerequisites
If you have selected a session with the Virtual Live Classroom location you must provide your own equipment. You can take the class from any location, but please keep note of the required live meeting attendance times below. The requirements below are strict, and you will be asked to test them before the class begins:
- A modern computer or laptop
- An additional external screen or tablet
- A fast and stable internet connection capable of streaming and uploading video for the duration of the class. We recommend a speed of at least 10 Mbps download and 4 Mbps upload
- A headset and microphone
- A modern web browser. To test, click here.
- The ability to join a WebEx session. To test, click here.
- The ability to attend the live classroom session for the hours of 9:00 am until 5:00 pm UTC+8 on each day of the course.
- Singapore classes: Menonnetwork, 152 Beach Road, Level 28, Gateway East, Singapore, 189721
- Virtual Live Classroom classes: WebEx Training Center. Your instructor will send you a meeting link after registering.