- Getting Started
Key Course Information
Course Grading Scheme
How to Navigate This Course
Offline Course Videos for Blocked YouTube Users
- Lesson 1 - Introduction
[POLL] Who's from what industry
- Lesson 2 - How People Learn
Seven Principles of Learning (6:09)
Adult Learning (5:07)
[DISCUSSION] How do you learn?
Questions on this part of the course?
Successful PI System Adoption Through Staff Training
NEW - Become familiar with the basics of Instructional Design and best practices on developing an effective PI System learning curriculum
This lab isn’t the typical hands-on, technical course we usually host on our learning platform. We’ll be looking at the PI System from a different perspective. We’ll be using an educational lens; focusing on how adults learn and what motivates them. We will also be recommending an appropriate learning path for you to present to your colleagues which can assist them on their journey to PI System proficiency. An integral part of this path are the training and support options available from OSIsoft.
By the end of the course, you will be able to...
- Consider a sequence of learning events to better instruct your colleagues
- Discuss how you might need to modify the material to make it more relevant for your circumstances
- Reflect on important learning design considerations
- Understand your own learning process and preferences
It’s okay if you’re not a certified trainer or if you’ve never considered the PI System from a pedagogical point of view. The session will help you become familiar with the basic principles of instructional design and ensure that your learning resources are usable, accessible and have an impact on your colleagues.
Study Time: 45 minutes for videos, plus 2 hours for activities
Course Access: Unlimited access. You do not need access to a Training Cloud Environment for this course.
- Basic directory navigation and management (Windows Explorer, creating and finding files)
- Basic Windows and Network security (why you log in, what is a domain, etc.)
- Familiarity with your real-time data sources (control systems, PLCs, OPC)
- A computer that can access our YouTube content.
This Course Includes...
- Videos, discussion opportunities and quizzes to help you learn the material
- A Cloud Environment accessible for 30 days and configured to complete all the exercises in the course
- A sharable certificate of completion
- This is a self-paced course. Any questions or assistance needed about the material can be asked in this course's space in the OSIsoft PI Square community
- When you complete the examination at the end of the course, you will receive a certificate of completion which can be shared and directly posted on LinkedIn.
- For more information about our Online Courses please visit our FAQ page
You can audit the full video lecture content right now on the OSIsoft Learning YouTube Channel