Cloud Environments Introduction
Cloud Environments Instructions
Launch Cloud Environments
End of the course
Training Cloud Environments (One Month Access)
Register for this course and get one month access to our training cloud environments
When your register for this course you will get access to our Training Cloud Environments and their associated manuals. The Training Cloud Environments are PI Systems running on virtual machines and hosted on the Microsoft Azure Cloud. These environments are usually associated with one of our online courses or labs from the OSIsoft user conferences and they are meant to help you work on the course material hands on. When you purchase this course you will receive immediate access to deploy the Training Cloud Environments. Read below for a list of all the Training Cloud Environments and the associated course material included in this course.
Option 1: Connect via Browser
Test your connection at https://connect.learning.osisoft.com. You only require a modern web browser and regular internet access. The browser must:
- Be of a minimum version of Chrome 16, Firefox 11, IE 11, Edge 12, or Safari 5.0
- Have the ability to make HTTP and WebSocket connections to *.learning.osisoft.com from your local network
- Have a network connection of at least a constant 128kbps
Option 2: Connect via RDP
Test your connection by downloading one of the following zip files and following the instructions in the readme file contained in them.
- A network connection with 1 Mbps of bandwidth available per user
- A Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) Client
- The virtual machines IPs are assigned by Microsoft Azure from a very large range of IPs. You can download the range of Microsoft Azure IPs, the cloud environments use the range found in the region uswest found in the XML file that you can download here.
- Access to the azure.com domain where the machines are hosted. A typical connection string has the form vledns100.westus.cloudapp.azure.com:60000, where vledns100 is the number of the virtual machine and will change from machine to machine, westus is the location of the machine and 60000 is a port in the range 60000-60050. Therefore users connecting to Azure virtual machines must be allowed to connect to the domain *.cloudapp.azure.com throughout the port range 60000-60050. If you cannot connect, check your company firewall policies and ensure that you can connect to this domain on the required ports.
This is a list of the currently available environments. You can download the manual for the associated course or lab by clicking on its name. When you register you will be able to follow the manual and do the work hands on in the respective Cloud Environment. Whenever a manual is not available, the link below will point to the associated videos or the PISquare community. The public classes environments listed below are the same ones used in our Public Training Centers and by following the manual listed below you will have access to all the same content available in our public training classes. The online courses below point to the respective online course video playlist.