- Getting Started
Key Course Information
Course Grading Scheme
Offline Course Videos for Blocked YouTube Users
- Training Cloud Environment
Cloud Environments Introduction
Cloud Environments Instructions
Launch Cloud Environment
PI System Basics Recap (5:12)
- Lesson 1: Troubleshooting BrokenTag and RetiredTag
Exercise 1 Introduction (1:17)
Exercise 1 Walkthrough (7:35)
Questions or issues with Exercise 1
- Lesson 2: PI Collective Misconception
Exercise 2 Introduction (1:34)
Exercise 2 Walkthrough (9:26)
Questions or issues with Exercise 2
- Lesson 3: Set up alert for stale and bad data
Exercise 3 Walkthrough (5:45)
Exercise 3 Introduction (1:19)
Questions or Issues with Exercise 3
- Final Exam
Troubleshooting Basics for Administrators
NEW - Troubleshoot common PI System issues and misconfigurations based on OSIsoft Product Support Engineers' Experiences
This course is designed to help beginner PI Administrators with management and administration of their PI System. It will not cover all essentials tasks a PI admin will need to know.
We will work on troubleshooting exercises based on real life experiences of OSIsoft Product Support Engineers.
This is a self-paced course. Any questions or assistance needed about the material can be asked in this course's space in the OSIsoft PI Square community.
By the end of the course, you will be able to...
- Access PI Interface logs to find clues as to why certain PI points might not be getting data
- Modify PI point configuration from PI System Management Tools to get it working
- Configure buffering to reduce data gaps due to network interruptions
- Dispel a common misconception about PI Collectives
- Update PI Point configurations in bulk
- Set up alerts for stale and bad data in order to identify problems before users complain
This course is designed for new PI System administrators or seasoned administrators who are looking for a refresher on the main PI System components. We will not cover everything you need to know as PI System Administrator. We highly recommend taking the "PI System Administration" and the "Building PI System Assets and Analytics with Asset Framework" courses, which will better prepare you for the PI System administrator role.
Study time: 3 hours
Course Access: Unlimited access. The only exception is the Training Cloud Environment for which you have 30 day access. After those 30 days you can purchase additional access with one of the two options below:
- During this course, we will be making the following assumptions:
- Your organization already has a PI System set up
- You’re familiar with Asset Framework and how to use PI System Explorer.
- You’re familiar with how to navigate displays and how to leverage AF templates using both PI ProcessBook and PI Vision.
- You’re interested in using PI Vision with your existing display information
- A computer that can access our YouTube content.
This Course Includes...
- Videos, discussion opportunities and quizzes to help you learn the material
- A Cloud Environment accessible for 30 days and configured to complete all the exercises in the course
- A sharable certificate of completion
- There is an appendix section with some additional troubleshooting tools that will be useful to administrators. We will refer to the utilities described in the appendix when appropriate.
- This is a self-paced course. Any questions or assistance needed about the material can be asked in this course's space in the OSIsoft PI Square community
- When you complete the examination at the end of the course, you will receive a certificate of completion which can be shared and directly posted on LinkedIn.
- For more information about our Online Courses please visit our FAQ page
You can audit the full video lecture content right now on the OSIsoft Learning YouTube Channel