- Getting Started
Workbook - Beginning Administration and Management of the PI System
Access to Training Cloud Environment
Beginning Administration and Management of the PI System
This lab will walk you through troubleshooting some common misconfigurations based on the real-world experiences of OSIsoft Product Support Engineers.
Are you new to the PI System and find yourself in an administrator role? Are you interested in beefing up your troubleshooting skills and learning some tips for administering the PI System? This lab will walk you through troubleshooting some common misconfigurations based on the real-world experiences of OSIsoft Product Support Engineers. You'll also learn time-saving tips and other ways to make your life as a PI System Administrator easier. This lab is meant for new administrators but could provide a valuable refresher for seasoned administrators.
By clicking 'register' you will be able to view the content of the lab. If you want to go through the materials in a pre-configured Training Cloud Environment, you can purchase the Training Cloud Environment Subscription (Monthly or Yearly). This subscription will grant you access to over 50 similar lab environments with associated workbooks. For more information, click the links below:
The first exercises in this lab will walk you through common user complaints all the way to resolution. Most complaints you will get from users are that data is missing, stale, or displaying bad values. In the last exercise, we will configure some basic Notifications for Stale and Bad data.
In the process we will:
- Learn tips for setting up your workstation and servers to efficiently administer your PI System.
- Access PI Interface logs to find clues as to why tags are not working
- Modify tag configuration to get tags working
- Configure buffering to reduce gaps in data due to network interruptions
- Dispel a common misconception about PI Collectives
- Set up alerts for stale and bad data in order to identify problems before users complain